Spring has sprung and winter is done. This change of the season brings much excitement with the revival of outdoor activities, open windows, and neighborhood barbecues. Adding a patio to your landscape will not only expand your seasonal activity options, but it will also add value to your home by increasing your outdoor living space.
Patios can be used to provide extra dining, seating, and entertainment space, making them a very versatile addition to your yard. When looking for patio installation companies, choose the professionals at Drainage & Erosion Solutions to spring your yard into the season. As a professional patio installation company that specializes in hardscaping as well as drainage solutions, we understand that not all patios are built the same. Patios come in a variety of shapes and sizes based on customer preference, so here are some popular deciding factors to help determine which patio Installation is right for you.
1. Patio Material
Patios can be constructed from a variety of materials so it is important that you choose the right material for the job. Whether you pick materials based on form or function, each material has its own distinct characteristics. In addition, all patio installations by Drainage & Erosion Solutions utilize Techo-bloc pavers which are permeable to increase drainage efficiency.
- Concrete: This material choice helps create a simplistic yet attractive look in your yard. Concrete is also very sturdy, but may be prone to a few cracks over time. Consider concrete for your patio installation for a straight-forward, reliable patio.
- Flagstone: Made up of various parts of rock, flagstone helps create an earthy, natural look, making it a popular choice for patios and walkway installation. Flagstone is also slip-resistant, making it the perfect choice for a patio next to an in-ground pool.
- Cobblestone: Similar in appearance and durability of flagstone, cobblestone helps give any yard a traditional aesthetic. This can be a good option for a quaint garden or kid-friendly backyard.
- Brick: Although typically used for buildings, brick can create a unique look in your yard’s walkways and patios. Brick can be susceptible to extreme weather, however, and may need to be replaced if you live in an unstable climate.
2. Patio Shape
The shape of your patio is primarily based on the functions you wish for it to have as well as the size of your yard. However, regardless of your desired patio shape, you will love how your patio compliments your lawn. Here are several patio shapes for your consideration:
- Square: This is perhaps the most common patio shape, and is often used for patios that are connected to the house. Square or rectangular patios offer a lot of surface area and are perfect for hosting a large barbecue, or simply for enjoying a good book outdoors.
- Round: These patios are great for an outdoor dining table or a few lawn chairs. Often times, round patios are not connected to the house and stand alone, but they can easily be combined with other patio shapes to create a variety of aesthetics.
- Free-form: Have a patio design in mind? Let your imagination run free and construct your dream patio to enhance your lawn. If you can imagine it, the Drainage & Erosion Solutions team will help it become a reality.
Hire the Most Reliable & Professional Patio Installation Company in Mclean, VA
Patios are a great way to transform your yard and bring your landscape into the warm spring season. So when picking a company for a professional patio installation, why not pick the best? Drainage & Erosion Solutions has more than 16 years of professional experience and prides itself on customer satisfaction. You can trust us to bring your landscape to life with expert drainage solutions while keeping you updated each step of the way.