M.S., Civil Engineering, 1997, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia
Awarded Woodward-Clyde Professional Development Grant
Area of Concentration: Geotechnical Engineering
B.S., Civil Engineering, 1992, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia
Continuing Education, Continuous CEUs since 1998
Professional Engineer – Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, Delaware, District of Columbia
Third-Party Inspector – Fairfax, Loudoun, Montgomery, Prince William, Stafford, and Spotsylvania Counties; City of Fairfax
Nuclear Density Gauge Operator
Owner/President, Soil & Structure Consulting, Inc., 1998 – Present
Providing specialized geotechnical and structural engineering services, including shallow & deep foundations design, residential structural inspection, structural remediation, erosion control, small dam design, pavement evaluation & design, and environmental investigations.
Owner/Vice President, Drainage & Erosion Solutions, LLC, 2003 – Present
Providing specialized soils engineering services, including erosion & sediment control, drainage remediation, wet basement solutions, and structural remediation.
Department Manager/Project Engineer,
Professional Service Industries, Inc., 1997 – 1998
• Managed all projects for the Geotechnical Services Department.
• Managed several projects for the Construction Services Department.
• Prepared proposals for all potential contracts, including scopes and costs.
• Prepared monthly revenue reports.
• Coordinated engineering and technical personnel and subcontractors.
• Client development, including liaison between clients and various counties in the Washington Metropolitan Area.
• Designed all facets of building foundations, large and small dams, retaining walls, and pavements.
• Interpreted laboratory test data.
• Developed preliminary design alternatives, final design selections, and preparing design reports.
• Consulted for a variety of on-going geotechnical projects, including foundations for large and small commercial buildings, earthen dams, roads, and excavations.
• Supervised site subsurface investigation using drilling, coring, excavation, and geophysical methods.
Staff Engineer, Woodward-Clyde Consultants, Inc., 1992 – 1997
• Prepared Geotechnical Engineering Reports.
• Performed several types of analyses, including slope stability, seepage, settlement, and deep foundation capacities.
• Provided on-site inspection for several large construction projects, including Fairfax County Parkway in Fairfax, Virginia and Twin Lakes Dam in Sheridan, Wyoming.
• Performed on-site laboratory index testing.
• Prepared daily reports and as-built drawings.
• Supervised soil test borings, rock coring, rock anchor installations, and well installations, and conducted geophysical tests.
• Other experience included conducting landfill siting surveys, preparing Disaster Survey Reports as a TAC Inspector for FEMA, and performing geotechnical laboratory testing.
• Served as president of the Computer Users Group for office of 80 employees.
Proficient with the following software applications:
Slope/W, UTEXAS3, PCStable, Seep/W
American Society of Civil Engineers, Member
Loudoun Chamber of Commerce, Member
Loudoun Rugby, Technical Director, 2012 - Present
Gonzaga HS Rugby Football Club, Head Coach 2002 – 2010
Northern Virginia Rugby Football Club, President, Board of Governors
Potomac Society of Rugby Football Referees, Referee Development Officer
Tech Rugby Alumni Foundation, Board Member
Virginia Tech Alumni Association