Hardscaping such as patios and walkways play a crucial role in your yard’s beauty and functionality. Many homeowners love to include patios and walkways in their back yard to provide easy passage around the yard and to provide some extra outdoor living space. Patios can be used to provide extra dining, seating, and entertainment space, making them a very versatile addition to your yard.
Drainage & Erosion Solutions offers patio & walkway installation in Gaithersburg MD. We can help you design a patio and walkways that work best for your aesthetic and functional needs.
Patio & Walkway Materials
Patios and walkways can be created using a variety of materials. You will need to choose a material that can last a long time and will also look great. Here are a few common patio and walkway materials:
- Concrete: Tried and true, this material choice helps create a simplistic yet attractive look in your yard. Concrete is also very sturdy, but may be prone to a few cracks over time. Consider concrete for your patio installation for a straight-forward, reliable patio.
- Flagstone: Made up of various parts of rock, flagstone helps create an earthy, natural look, making it a popular choice for patios and walkway installation. Flagstone is also slip-resistant, making it the perfect choice for a patio next to an in-ground pool.
- Cobblestone: Similar in appearance and durability to flagstone, cobblestone helps give any yard a traditional feel. This can be a good option for a quaint garden or kid-friendly back yard.
- Brick: Although typically used for buildings, brick can create a unique look in your yard’s walkways and patios. Brick has a rustic appearance that can be a great choice for patios and walkways. Brick can be susceptible to extreme weather, however, and may need to be replaced if you live in an unstable climate.
If you are interested in installing a patio (or more than one) in your yard, there are a variety of shapes and sizes you can use to create a look you love:
- Square: This is perhaps the most common patio shape, and is often used for patios that are connected to the house. Square or rectangular patios offer a lot of surface area and are perfect for hosting a large barbecue, or simply for enjoying a good book outdoors.
- Round: Rounded patios are a unique choice that have a smooth, charming appearance. These patios are great for an outdoor dining table or some lawn chairs. Often, round patios are not connected to the house and stand alone, but they can easily be combined with other patio shapes to create a variety of looks.
- Free-form: Who says patios can only be round or square? Design a patio with several jutting angles or curves to create an exciting, interesting look in your back yard.
Contact Drainage & Erosion for Patios & Walkways in Gaithersburg MD
Drainage & Erosion offers walkway installation and patio installation in Gaithersburg MD. We install patios of all sizes, shapes and with a variety of materials. We specialize in the design and installation of permeable paver patios using material such as Techo-bloc pavers. We install concrete patios with flagstone veneer, natural stone and a variety of combinations. Our highly-experienced staff are dedicated to helping you create a beautiful backyard, and we will go above and beyond to make your ideal patio or walkway a reality.
At Drainage & Erosion Solutions, we treat customers like family with a long-term team of award-winning experts and engineers. Let us build the patio of your dreams! With a strong background in proper drainage solutions, our patios are meant to stand the test of time and compliment your home. We are here to serve you at every step of the way, so you can start enjoying your custom-built patio sooner! You can trust the expert patio installation company of Gaithersburg MD to get the job done right.
Contact us today to schedule your Gaithersburg MD patio or walkway installation!